The City Clerk is responsible for administering special and general municipal elections in accordance with the California Elections Code.

General Municipal Elections

General municipal elections are held on the same day as statewide general elections, on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November of each even-numbered year.

Fair Political Practices Commission Forms

Under the Political Reform Act administered by the Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC), City Clerks are the local Filing Officers for their cities. The Filing Officer is the person who receives and retains original Statements of Economic Interests (FPPC Form 700), and pre-election campaign statements for candidates and ballot measures.

Information on how and when to file FPPC forms, and the forms themselves, can be found on the Fair Political Practices Commission’s website. If you need information regarding completion of FPPC forms, please call the FPPC's toll-free advice line at 866-ASK-FPPC (866-275-3772).