Redwood Day Camp
Get online, not in line! This popular camp has trained, experienced leaders that work on a 10/1 ratio with kids ages 5 through 12 years. Campers have an opportunity to participate in games, art, cooking, field trips, swimming (for Full Day campers) and more. Campers learn real life skills in socialization, leadership and teamwork while exploring the world of nature, art and cooperative learning in the beautiful setting of Redwood Park.
Campers bring a lunch and two snacks per day...and a water bottle.
Free lunches available through Children's Summer Lunch Program, sponsored by Food for People.
Join us for one or two weeks or make it a full summer of fun and sign up for all 10 weeks!
- Ages: 5-12 years
- Day/Times: Monday - Friday
Full Day: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Half Day: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Extended Hours: Drop off as early as 7:30 a.m. and Pick up as late as 5:30 p.m.
- Weekly Camp Fees:
Full Day: $145 / Add $10 non-resident fee per registration
Half Day: $105 / Add $10 non-resident fee per registration
Week 3 Full Day: $116 / Add $10 non-resident fee per registration
Week 3 Half Day: $84 / Add $10 non-resident fee per registration
- Location: Redwood Lodge, 490 E Park Road, Redwood Park
Redwood Day Camp Dates / Themes for Summer 2018
- Week 1 June 18-22 Under the Sea
- Week 2 June 25-29 Go Green
- Week 3 July 2-6* Superheroes (no camp on Wednesday, July 4)
- Week 4 July 9-13 Out of this World
- Week 5 July 16-20 Pirates of the Redwoods
- Week 6 July 23-27 Blast from the Past
- Week 7 July 30-Aug 3 Summer Safari
- Week 8 Aug 6-10 Carnival
- Week 9 Aug 13-17 Around the World in Five Days
- Week 10 Aug 20-24 Making Music in the Park
Friday, July 13 AND Friday, August 3
Redwood Day Camp Sleepovers!
Ages: 7 –12 (6 years old campers, may attend with an older sibling.)
Location: Sleep in the Redwood Lodge
Dates: Friday, July 13 (Enrollment begins Monday, July 2)
Friday, August 3 (Enrollment begins Monday, July 23)
Time Frame: Drop-Off Friday, 7:30 p.m. - Pick-Up Saturday, 9:30 a.m.
Fees: $30 / $35 non-residents
Did You Know We Offer Day-Camp Combos?
Enroll your campers for all-day fun! Sign up for Redwood Day Camp half-day mornings then choose for one of our afternoon camps.
Sorry, transportation is not provided to or from the Arcata Marsh or the Arcata Skate Park.
- Weekly Fees: $145 residents / $165 non-residents
- Week 3 Weekly Fees: $116 residents / $136 non-residents
Interested in our Payment Plan Option?
Please refer to the Summer Camps page for our Payment Plan details.
For more information on recreation activities, call the Recreation Division at 707-822-7091.