- Ages: 9-14 years
- Day/Time: Monday - Friday, 1 - 5 p.m.
- Weekly Camp Fees: $105 /
Add $10 non-resident fee
- Week 3 weekly Camp Fees: $84 /
Add $10 non-resident fee.
- Location: Arcata Challenge Course,
500 E. 14th Street, Redwood Park
Adventure Camp Dates / Themes Summer 2018
- Week 1 June 18-22 Adventure Basics: Planning, Gear Prep, Leave No Trace
- Week 2 June 25-29 Navigation & Orienteering: Maps, Compasses, Questing
- Week 3 * July 2-6 Weather Wise: Forecasting Weather, Solar Time, Star Maps
- Week 4 July 9-13 Code Crackers: Morse Code, Encryption, Heliographs, Radios
- Week 5 July 16-20 Fire Safety & Cooking: Fire Building, Forest Fires, Back Country Recipes
- Week 6 July 23-27 Wilderness Survival: Shelters, Knots, Tree Beds
- Week 7 July 30-Aug 3 Complex Connections: Food Web, Tree Networks, Cycles of Life
- Week 8 Aug 6-10 Blazing Trails: Mountain Biking, Hiking, Trail Etiquette, Trail Design
- Week 9 Aug 13-17 Tracking: Track Identification, Predator & Prey, Camouflage
- Week 10 Aug 20-24 Search & Rescue: Wilderness First Aid, Rescue Skills, Evacuation
Day Camp Combo
Combine Adventure Camp with a morning camp for a full day of fun. Sorry, transportation is not provided to or from the Arcata Skate Park or Marsh.
- Weekly Fees: $145 residents / $165 non-residents
- Week 3 Weekly Fees: $116 residents / $136 non-residents
Interested in our Payment Plan Option?
Please refer to the Summer Camps page for our Payment Plan details.
We have brought together a great group of leaders and vendors to make your summer a blast! The City of Arcata has some of the best staff around and all have outstanding safety records. Our team of fun loving first aid and CPR-certificated leaders are experts in their activities.