Parks and Recreation
Creating Community through People, Parks and Programs
New to online registration?
Previously participated in Recreation programs?
Call our office for your online household code.
New Special Event! Passport to Adventure
Drop-In Sports Calendar June
The primary focus of the Parks and Recreation Divisions is to enrich individuals, families, and our community through the provision of services, facilities, and programs that improve the quality of life for our citizens.
The Arcata Parks and Recreation Divisions exist to:
- Strengthen community image and sense of place
- Support economic development
- Protect environmental resources
- Facilitate community problem-solving
- Increase cultural unity
Promote Health and Wellness
- Create an active and healthy community through diverse
and innovative recreation programming
- Provide space to foster human development
- Provide space to learn & play, space to be safe & secure,
and a space to create and imagine
Foster Youth Development
- Provide youth with a variety of experiences to nurture individuality, spark imagination,
encourage cooperation, and build the skills needed for success in the next stage of development
The Arcata Parks and Recreation Divisions provide essential community benefits including:
- Healthier residents
- Sense of well-being in the community
- Safer neighborhoods
- A higher quality of life
- Increased property values
- Opportunities for youth, adults, and seniors to participate in programs and events
- Partnerships with other agencies, public and private
- Cultural expression and unity